What's new

What is it?

aslterp7

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
I went hunting today and found this and others like it near a tree 3 inches down, ace 250 said it was nickel. My friend said it was metal poop from a metal bird.
 

Attachments

  • metalpoop1.webp
    metalpoop1.webp
    140.6 KB · Views: 633
it's probably a form of iron pyrite
 
Upvote 0
It didn't stick to a magnet. I could of dug up 10 more of these around that tree.
 
Upvote 0
Coal clinkers from a furnace, boiler or other coal burning source.
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
It looks to me like an aluminum can that has been smeltered in a campfire. They undergo some weird changes if left in the hottest part for enough hours.

They will go way past the "globule" stage.
so wont you when you have enough drinks ;D willy
 
Upvote 0
I agree with your friend.
Dman
 
Upvote 0
Alum. can - sounds resonable - it is very light and light colored like the bottom of a can. It was about 20 feet from a campfire near a tree. I found lots of them.

thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom