What's new

What is it??

pawnman

Greenie
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
palm beach gardens
Detector(s) used
minelab
Found this in a bag of coins i purchased a year ago. I cant find anything to identify it. Please help.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    114.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Picture 002.webp
    Picture 002.webp
    117.1 KB · Views: 408
  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 405
  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Picture 002.webp
    Picture 002.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 400
The lion says spain to me sorta like this SPAIN 2 Maravedis Copper. :thumbsup:
Take Care,& Welcome to Tnet!
Pete :hello:
 

Attachments

  • aa1535[1].jpg
    aa1535[1].jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The details don't match. :icon_scratch:

For instance... the 9 doesn't touch the border on the what's it. And the cat has spiky fur and a crown. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
The details don't match. :icon_scratch:

For instance... the 9 doesn't touch the border on the what's it. And the cat has spiky fur and a crown. :dontknow:
How about this one then?No crown visible either but it's a SPAIN 8 Maravedis Copper.You tell me what it is then.
 

Attachments

  • Macoq2[1].webp
    Macoq2[1].webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
I'm not a 100% sure on this one, but it might be a copy, look closely at the details, specially the lion's mane & the date, looks kinda cast to me :-\
 
Upvote 0
pawnman said:
Found this in a bag of coins i purchased a year ago. I cant find anything to identify it. Please help.
CRUSADER said:
I'm not a 100% sure on this one, but it might be a copy, look closely at the details, specially the lion's mane & the date, looks kinda cast to me :-\
I really have no Idea whether it is real or not. Based on the value of the one on ebay, why would someone take the time to copy this??
 
Upvote 0
pawnman said:
pawnman said:
Found this in a bag of coins i purchased a year ago. I cant find anything to identify it. Please help.
CRUSADER said:
I'm not a 100% sure on this one, but it might be a copy, look closely at the details, specially the lion's mane & the date, looks kinda cast to me :-\
I really have no Idea whether it is real or not. Based on the value of the one on ebay, why would someone take the time to copy this??

Sorry, that logic doesn't always work. many lower end coins have been copied for all kind of reasons, not just to fool people.

As I said, I'm not sure, I can normally say with some certainty, so all may be well. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
pawnman said:
pawnman said:
Found this in a bag of coins i purchased a year ago. I cant find anything to identify it. Please help.
CRUSADER said:
I'm not a 100% sure on this one, but it might be a copy, look closely at the details, specially the lion's mane & the date, looks kinda cast to me :-\
I really have no Idea whether it is real or not. Based on the value of the one on ebay, why would someone take the time to copy this??
Everyone is so helpfull thank you.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom