What is it

mag

Jun 8, 2007

Attachments

• DSCF19723.JPG
    DSCF19723.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 753
Need to know what size it is. However, on first look it resembles a hoe blade.

Canewrap said:
Need to know what size it is. However, on first look it resembles a hoe blade.
5" wide
the hole is at an angle to the blade

I agree with Gypsy, Mrs. O and Canewrap.

;) RR

River Rat said:
I agree with Gypsy, Mrs. O and Canewrap.

;) RR

I am in agreement with all of the above. :P

Fossis............

I agree with the others. Might be worth $3 - $5, but that is just a guess. Hope it helps. Looks like it might be 25+ years older. Again, just a guess.

I believe the full name is "grubbin Hoe" Was used to remove roots and tough weeds in the garden.

Have got 2 old ho's in the shed and 1 in the house...not sure which is worth more ;D

These were turn-of-the-century hoes can still be found in good order...actually have several in good working order...

Yes, some call them entrenchment tools...others.....Hoes. LOL I have found them labeled as both. If they are found on a battlefield or close to earthworks etc....we tend to call them entrenchment tools.

Thanks jim for the explanation. I eyed my hoes without digging.aa

looks like what you have there is a crusty, one holed hoe with a chipped blade and a rough shank. i would strongly suggest you do not press this hoe into service and it may fail under load. you may be left with nothing more than a wood shaft and no hoe.

regards
re-tek

RON (PA) said:
I agree with the others. Might be worth $3 - $5, but that is just a guess. Hope it helps. Looks like it might be 25+ years older. Again, just a guess.

ron hit it right on....the $3-$5 would be in the cleaned up state tho

The man on Collectors Antiques sells them for$35 in a cleaned state. Usually ones found on Civil War battlefields

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back