What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a old toy???
 
It is funny , I like it .
 
Upvote 0
That's an ugly dog
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of my wife. Do not tell her I said that.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a Foo dog effigy?
 
Upvote 0
You have the lead animal (red nose) that had a harness and 6 like animals in harnesses hooked to a sleigh is suppose to be with him. They normally come out of hiding about this time of year. Just look around for a large fellow with a white beard and he should be able to direct you in the right direction.
 
Upvote 0
If you by chance locate the owner of the team please let me know, I have a long list to give him.:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
With the rosemaling it’s likely Scandinavian. Looks more Lion than Rudolph. I hope it’s one of a kind. Really really hope....
 
Upvote 0
All this really says is "1940's"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/267039248/rope-lion-carved-and-painted-carved-lion

il_570xN.916943650_k66i.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a Foo dog effigy?

Agree. Foo dog (which is actually a lion, not a dog). I'm guessing it's a tourist feng shui souvenir from China.

I'd be very surprised if this piece is 1940's. I think more like 70's or 80's...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom