What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Scotty dog ashtray. "Vintage". 1950's?

s-l300.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks guys appreciated as always
 
Upvote 0
Look at the ruler. Because the stone's bowl is only about 1.5-inch wide, I think it's more likely made to hold paperclips than a cigarette.

But at that size, it couldn't hold more than a few paperclips. So it was probably made for some other purpose. I suspect the specific breed of dog, which on both of the objects posted (thanks, DCMatt) is a Scottish Terrier, suggests it perhaps held a Golf ball.

That is just a guess. (Note the word "perhaps".) But of course, my guesses have occasionally been wrong. Which is why I very rarely post a guess in this forum. ;-)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pipe holder???
 
Upvote 0
I don't know.

Could be used for a ring holder at the kitchen sink. (A pre electric dishwasher ,or my non electric dishwasher shack type deal.)
Also a necklace holder by using the dog when showering.
 
Upvote 0
I thinl Cannonballguy is closest with the size.
and JTW with the pipe holder.
It would have many uses on a desk or dresser.
 
Upvote 0
I'd say pipe holder (was a pipe smoker myself).

Once lit you may need to set them down and the dogs nose would support the stem. With the one below - the ears.

s-l300.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
5
Views
491

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom