What's new

what is the best non metal object

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what is the best non metal object you have found metal detecting?
 
i found a porcelain doll head...1880ish..german...blue eye peaking up at me...

i was looking down thinking...too bad it's broke...went to pick it up, stuck...careful digging with a small stick...she was intact, except the side that was in the dirt had the paint removed...
 
jrwill56 said:
what is the best non metal object you have found metal detecting?
mine was a old clay pipe
 
An 1860s bennington marble... she's a beauty! Worth very little but one of my fav finds.
 
Being an archaeologist I have found many artifacts including a few good pieces I use to belong to a archaeologist club but to pricey now :'(
 
A complete upper denture. Looks like it belonged to a lady, IMO. It was smiling at me from the beach sand. I stuck my shovel in and around it to make sure it wasn't attached to anything else before picking it up, iffin ya know what I mean.

It is a nice chopper too! No ID on it though! I still have it!
 
clay marbles.
 
Mason jars and milk bottle's,but still looking for an old rock hammer the Indian's use too pound there copper goods.
 
:-X :o
MEinWV said:
A complete upper denture. Looks like it belonged to a lady, IMO. It was smiling at me from the beach sand. I stuck my shovel in and around it to make sure it wasn't attached to anything else before picking it up, iffin ya know what I mean.

It is a nice chopper too! No ID on it though! I still have it!
 
Bone domino from a 1850s trading post
 
Clay marbles, glass beads, a nice glass spindle whorl and hundreds of pieces of clay pipes. HH, Mike
 
I have found nice Bennington marbles, dolls heads, clay pipes etc, but what I think was the most interesting, from a colonial site were two handmade red clay dominoes, one broken the other perfect!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom