What's new

What is the most valuable find ever posted / reported on T-net?

el padron

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
984
Reaction score
503
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the most valuable one time find ever posted / reported on T-net that was not immediately relinquished to a museum and most likely kept for the benefit of the Finder....?
 
I've seen $20,000 rings dug here. So, as far as monetary value I'd say a diamond ring !


Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
I posted a combat knife in here.Not found metal detecting though,found picking up stuff during a clean out and it was given to me.I didnt find out its worth until about a few years ago.Worth about 4000.I had it for about 10 year.Ive seen only one posted on ebay in that time going for 3000.Mines in much better shape.
 
Last edited:
The coral incrusted silver coins / cobs lying in stacks reported found off the Virgin Islands from about a year back are certainly in the running. It was a long thread and as the finder posted more and more his tone became less "jubilant" until the entire thread faded away shortly thereafter (25 pages or so!!!). It finally disappeared completely as if removed.... I can't find it anyway....

I think its something else though......
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing the truly amazing finds are not reported.
 
image-2989184893.webp

image-1689448751.webp

image-1309687331.webp

My guess http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/s...ff-north-douglas-beach-trail.html#post3508175
 
Last edited:
If I found something that valuable I sure as heck wouldn't post it on the internet. That's just asking for a visit from the Gestapo, um, I mean the IRS.

Look what almost happened to the Saddle Ridge hoard. The government lawyers tried to find an excuse to take the gold coins away from the couple who found them.

Always remember Big Brother is watching. The less the government knows, the better.
 
Last edited:
Go to the finds forum and start from the first post and work your way to present and you will see some humdingers that will be hard to believe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom