What's new

What is the worst you were ever shorted?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I opened up a box of halves today and noticed one roll was waaayyy low in the box. Hmmm - what's this I thought. I pull out the roll and it is about half the normal size. Yup - the roll had $5 missing in it. Anyone seen a worse shorted roll in a fully taped "new" box around here? It could have been worse as it wasn't a skunk box. I pulled one 64 and five 40%. So I still made out ok....I guess :icon_scratch: - so - what is your record for getting shorted. I'm thinking about full boxes, but I guess it applies to all our sources.

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Never really checked. I open a roll, search it, replace any keepers and reroll. If I rec'd it short, it goes back short. Bank has never questioned my dumps.

My son counts them and actually found one roll with two extra once.
 
I had a 2 layer box that was short 3 rolls on the bottom about 8 months ago. I explained it to the bank and understood that although I knew they could not do anything because I had left the premises, they should check on the crooks who supply the boxes and that I would open all future boxes in front of them. It happened 1 more time, but only 1 roll short and after the bank actually saw it, I think they spoke with the supply service and I have not seen it happen since. I still get the random roll that is short 1-3 coins and the even rarer roll that has an extra 1 or 2. HH all.
 
I was cutting a watermelon once outside on the grass while holding it in my lap. I was using a long slender knife, and it was hard to get it throught he watermelon. So I pushed it real hard. Then it slipped! I was "shorted" by ... well, you don't wanna know.

;D
 
Don't really count them, nothing has stood out but once did get in one Box 3 British pennies dated 1910, 17, and 60.
 
jrf30 said:
I was cutting a watermelon once outside on the grass while holding it in my lap. I was using a long slender knife, and it was hard to get it throught he watermelon. So I pushed it real hard. Then it slipped! I was "shorted" by ... well, you don't wanna know.

;D




Lmao, good one Jeff ;D... ouch shorted Lorena Bobbit style .
 
Never shorted a full roll. But one time 7 coins were missing. I showed the roll to two tellers and later got refund. But the manager only ordered me 1 k instead of 2K after that. I wonder if it had something to do with the 7 coins.
 
That's funny Jeff - I've nipped my finger a couple times opening the rolls with my knife. Usually happens when I'm on the highway - I'll be slicing open the rolls and I've usually had about twenty straight skunk rolls and I am not paying attention to business... :o

Maine_Jim
 
So Jrf were you shorted a half roll or a whole roll? LOL

Golden Silver
 
One of my last boxes I was shorted 3$ in half dollars. I am not sure how it can happen but I opened a sealed box and one of the rolls was ripped open and halves were missing. First time it has happened.

Golden silver
 
The other day I had a "first" happen to me. All machine rolls in a sealed box. Ended up with 3 dimes in three different half rolls, one Susan B, and one roll was a little taller, sure enough two extra halves. Made $2.30 extra that day! Plus I got a good assortment of silver.
 
found an extra quarter in a roll once.
 
was shorted an entire roll one time and on another occasion i found a roll that looked flat in the middle. when i opened the roll the coin in the center of the roll was standing straight up instead of sideways causing the roll to be short by the number of coins it takes to equal the diameter of a half. didn't count it to see how short it was. just checked the edges, did a sound check, put that short roll in the dump pile and kept on going. never saw that again. have any of you guys ever seen this?
 
Nope - never seen the coin on the side like that. I once got a roll that had a watch battery in it! Picked up $200 in hand rolls yesterday and got a bunch of cents. A few of them were 50s wheaties....

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom