What's new

What is this crazy gear shift-y thing? Hame Topper

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I found this yesterday in a field where I have been pulling some big farm iron pieces and a few other home site type items. I showed it to my brother in the field and he broke the end piece trying to straighten it. The spring was sitting just inside the open end when I found it.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_63022.webp
    IMG_63022.webp
    83 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_63032.webp
    IMG_63032.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_63042.webp
    IMG_63042.webp
    91.4 KB · Views: 654
Re: What is this crazy gear shift-y thing?

Work horse collar tip.God Bless Chris
 
Upvote 0
Re: What is this crazy gear shift-y thing?

Thank you! Very cool! I like it better now :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: What is this crazy gear shift-y thing? Work horse collar tip

properly called a "hame topper"
 
Upvote 0
Re: What is this crazy gear shift-y thing? Work horse collar tip

A horse hame.
 

Attachments

  • hame.webp
    hame.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,638
Upvote 0
Re: What is this crazy gear shift-y thing? Work horse collar tip

creskol said:
properly called a "hame topper"

Or a ................."cane topper"
 

Attachments

  • tbohtwc_1.webp
    tbohtwc_1.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 375
  • cwhtwc_bl_1.webp
    cwhtwc_bl_1.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom