What's new

What is this hook?

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It is steel with a wooden handle, painted black.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 473
  • MVC-023S.webp
    MVC-023S.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 452
  • MVC-024S.webp
    MVC-024S.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 446
If there was a hole near the handle I would say it was half of an ice block tool.

TimC
 
Upvote 0
TimC said:
If there was a hole near the handle I would say it was half of an ice block tool.

TimC
I see no holes...no markings. The hook part is welded to the handle.
 
Upvote 0
I can't see it being a meat hook. The angle of the handle to the point doesn't seem right.
 
Upvote 0
I will say it is a hook used to grab a hay bale off of the baler so you can stack it on the hay wagon.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
fortbball9 said:
I will say it is a hook used to grab a hay bale off of the baler so you can stack it on the hay wagon.

fortbball9
I agree with you on this one, a hay bale hook, but hand made?
 
Upvote 0
Doesn't look like a hay hook to me. All the ones I used were made of round metal stock. Plus the hook shape doesn't look quite right either.

Erin
 
Upvote 0
I have to go with hay bale hook. I used them 40 years ago, loading the hay wagons for .25 (25 cents) per hour. That gave me enough money to go to the movies on the weekend. Hard work for a 14-15 year old but it is still great memory's.
Clayton
 
Upvote 0
It's a pirate's weapon. When boarding a ship, (after he fires his on bullet), he starts slashing others with his hook..... ;D....NGE (T)
 
Upvote 0
Definetly a hay bale hook,nothing like hard days work in a hay barn when it's about 120 degrees in there.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
I had that deep gut feeling it was a hay hooker when I first glimpse this post. So much for me and my thoughts, looks like the guessing game is solved.

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Hey Nova,
I can remember those 120 degree days up in the hay loft.
I also remember the day when the old farmer that I was working for, seen a rattlesnake going into the baler. I was hooking the bales and stacking them on the hay wagon. He never said a word, but I noticed he kept grinning. When we got back to the barn and was unloading the wagon, he stopped at a certain bale and took out his jackknife and cut open the bale. Out came a large chopped up rattlesnake.
Just thinking about the good old days,
Thanks for the memories,
Clayton
 
Upvote 0
Aye' Boney Maroney is his name, stayed with me through cannon's and flame.,,,NGE (T)
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. Since yall know more about hay than I do, I will take your word for it. Its a hay baler.solved check.gif
Is it old? solved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • hat hook.gif
    hat hook.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom