What's new

What is this insect?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spied this odd looking fellow on a vine in my backyard today and was wondering what it is. The adult is less than 1/2" long and the juveniles are less than 1/4".
 

Attachments

  • orange insect.webp
    orange insect.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 124
  • orange insect 2.webp
    orange insect 2.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 103
  • orange insect 3.webp
    orange insect 3.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 90
  • orange insect 4.webp
    orange insect 4.webp
    123.7 KB · Views: 82
I'm thinking they may be juvenile walking sticks, but I'm not sure. Good pics!
Jim
 
I think Jeremiah nailed it. Assassin bug.

But, what does it assassinate? ???
 
Yup...I think Jeremiah got it....Good job!
Jim
 
Agreed...sure looks like milkweed bug. I've taken photos of adult Walking Sticks were a length you could measure in inches.
 
Thanks for the replies and ID. I saw an adult today with wings but couldn't get a picture.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom