What's new

What is this mangled mess?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
Okay, I found this today right after finding the silver dime (Wooo Hooo!) anyway, as you can see it was a mangled piece of decorative metal. It measures 2 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches. I tried to straighten it out and I can see it's something, but what? :tard:
 

Attachments

  • new 065.webp
    new 065.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 483
  • new 071.webp
    new 071.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 469
It really reminds you of a ladies handbag.
 
Upvote 0
looks kind of like a broach, with the clasp gone
 
Upvote 0
Dress buckle?

buckbrc2.jpg


I know this one isn't exactly the same but the style and design are similar.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Well I guess it could be any one of those things. Can anyone tell by it's design approximately how old it is?
 
Upvote 0
Felinepeachy said:
Well I guess it could be any one of those things. Can anyone tell by it's design approximately how old it is?

The pic I posted is Victorian era.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom