🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this painted metal piece?

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few day ago and I am trying to figure out what it is. It is cool to me a I live just one town over from Woodstock and I love finding local stuff like this. I have done some research on the guy but I can’t find much. He seemed to have owned a machine shop in Woodstock from the early 20th century to and died around 1960. The piece reads “George W. Charon Machine Shop, Welding and Water Thawing (left) TEL. 125.W (right) Woodstock, VT.” There may have been some red paint on back at one point but it is really rusted. If you could tell me what this is or a possible date that would be great. Also, is the TEL. 125.W a phone number? If it is, could that help with a date? Any help is greatly appreciated!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per the 1930 U.S. Census on FamilySearch there is a George Charon in Woodstock Village with an occupation of Machinist and blacksmith shop as an industry. Here is the link. This is consistent w/ what the history center said. That is associated with a George William Charon born on 5 January 1890.
Thank you! Great info.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clip off the top of a clip board. I've had all different shape and sizes giving to me at the shop from tool and parts vendors. Just a quick example below to show ya what I'm thinking.
Interestin. I hadn’t even thought of that. I will do some searching and see if I can find one of the same shape.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions