What's new

What is this?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is equestrian related, though I could be wrong.

It measures 1 1/2 inches, made of iron.

:help:
 

Attachments

  • 100_3501.webp
    100_3501.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 277
Just a bit too big for any kind of toy axle...Not sure. Sorry. :icon_scratch: jgas
 
Upvote 0
Im thinking an old rivet.....and that either the leather or timber that it was holding together has rotted away.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I kinda figured that it had something to do with leather also. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Appears to be a bindery post which comes in aluminum, steel, copper and brass...

Been around for centuries...
 
Upvote 0
That's particular object is a rivet.
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Bindery post....you mean for a book?

Used to bind loose pages like for accounting books or maps, and the like...

Permitted pages to be extracted or replaced...
 

Attachments

  • BINDER POST.gif
    BINDER POST.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
We find quite a few in civil war cavalry camps so they are more than likely horse related but I really don't know what they are Being as wide as they are I always figured they held wood together
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
453
Replies
4
Views
592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom