dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jun 6, 2014 #1 Found this in a field a few years back and thought it was a broken piece off a atlatl "spelling" .. It is boat stone I believe.. Attachments image-3699198247.webp 38.9 KB · Views: 126 image-3774068402.webp 47.4 KB · Views: 117 image-4079770434.webp 28.5 KB · Views: 109 image-4182556325.webp 26.8 KB · Views: 107 Upvote 0
Found this in a field a few years back and thought it was a broken piece off a atlatl "spelling" .. It is boat stone I believe..
R redbeardrelics Hero Member Joined Jan 3, 2014 Messages 894 Reaction score 1,024 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland's Eastern Shore Detector(s) used Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare) Primary Interest: Other Jun 6, 2014 #2 It looks like part of a pendant or gorget, rather than a bannerstone/atlatl weight to me?
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jun 6, 2014 Thread Owner #3 Yea. I was also thinking that.. I just couldn't find the words this morning
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 6, 2014 #4 That is definitely a piece of a Gorget or Pendant. It also looks like they were trying to salvage it. I see saw marks on both sides. Great find.
That is definitely a piece of a Gorget or Pendant. It also looks like they were trying to salvage it. I see saw marks on both sides. Great find.
monsterrack Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2013 Messages 4,429 Reaction score 5,831 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Mississippi Detector(s) used Garrett, and Whites Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 6, 2014 #5 The Grim Reaper nailed it on the head.
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jun 7, 2014 Thread Owner #6 Thank you reaper..