What's new

What is this?

Recursoft

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little rock digging around my house in Florida. Any idea what that is? Thx
 

Attachments

  • 20200624_174548.webp
    20200624_174548.webp
    626.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200624_174534.webp
    20200624_174534.webp
    531.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200624_174521.webp
    20200624_174521.webp
    591.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200624_174511.webp
    20200624_174511.webp
    651.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200624_174504.webp
    20200624_174504.webp
    636.7 KB · Views: 62
Cool looking rock! Could be some type of chert?
 
Upvote 0
That is some very high quality flint. I've never seen a source for that from FL...but who knows. Looks more like a piece of ballast flint from England than any US flint I'm familiar with. KY hornstone would probably be the closest look alike I know of. Gary
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom