What's new

What is this???

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on this all the piece are hand drawn and written...measures about 24 inches in length without the strap
 

Attachments

  • F568E82A-B1D1-4D53-BF93-8B92849D9F23.webp
    F568E82A-B1D1-4D53-BF93-8B92849D9F23.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 131
  • C61C22A1-DB51-4985-8D56-B3FAD15B1D45.webp
    C61C22A1-DB51-4985-8D56-B3FAD15B1D45.webp
    381.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 1BA9CDA4-BD85-4F48-A728-50B416661D9A.webp
    1BA9CDA4-BD85-4F48-A728-50B416661D9A.webp
    412.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 94851701-732A-4370-A8C6-5B1294F148BA.webp
    94851701-732A-4370-A8C6-5B1294F148BA.webp
    403.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 0576BE56-C780-4F8D-9573-A01371104320.webp
    0576BE56-C780-4F8D-9573-A01371104320.webp
    257.5 KB · Views: 109
I think this is someone’s arm sling for a broken arm, signed just like they do with cast these days.
 
Upvote 0
I think this is someone’s arm sling for a broken arm, signed
just like they do with cast these days.

I agree..but it's also a very unique record of a vacation trip the person took.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like he fell off of a roller coaster in Indianapolis July 3.
It is neat.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It looks like he fell off of a roller coaster in Indianapolis July 3.
It is neat.

Sliding board, not roller coaster. I'm guessing "Dickie" is a boy.
 
Upvote 0
Just for grins I tried to track down any of the names on the sling.

John C. Bodle lived at 349 Park Ave. Mishawaka, Indiana. On the 1940 census he is 13 years old. His father was Virgil and sister Mary Ann matching the names on the sling.

Just down the street at 315 Park Ave lived 13 year old Richard Edwin Lahr. Richard could be "Dickie". When I was a kid I knew guys named Richard who were called Dickie. Richard died in 2015.

Apparently, he was called "Dick".

dick lahr.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone
That’s pretty cool DC
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom