What is wrong with people???

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I am seriously thinking of canceling this woman's bid. I put all my auctions on either free shipping or priority mail. First class mail is not moving. So this lady writes to me that she is buying an expensive brooch from someone else and they are only charging her $2.37. So I should charge the same. I write back and said the least I charge is $3.75, and it costs me $3.63 plus packaging. I then explained that first class is not moving, and that the priority box will provide more protection. So she tells me to wrap it in tissue (yeah, cuz that is free ... when I walk into the grocery they are like, OH hey Mrs. Paley, just help yourself to whatever you want ...). then she tells me, don't you order stuff online? Don't you get free bubble wrap in packages? I don't charge people for the free wrapping.

Man. I just want to cancel her bid and not deal with her. Anyone ever do that? The auction closes in a few hours. There are 6 watchers and only that one bidder.

Cancel it! Don't be desperate to sell as this has ALL the earmarks of a bidder who will cause more problems than it's worth! She's an online bully!
Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some "Awesome I'm glad I did that!"

SHE GOT OUT BID BEFORE I COULD DO ANYTHING!!! yay, happy dance! :hello2: Now I'm going to block her so she can't bid on my other things. Whew. Soooo glad!

First class mail seems to be getting put on the back burner by usps. I think they are overwhelmed with priority packages being sent for the holiday. I've got a first class package that has been sent twice that still hasn't got to my buyer & have heard from several other people that ship first class that are having similar problems.

If it was me it would depend on the value of the item I'm selling. If it's a $10 item the couple of bucks difference in shipping might make or break your profit margin. If it's a $200 item I'd eat the difference and charge her whatever she wanted to pay & then ship Priority at my expense. Don't step over a dollar to pick up a dime.. You're happy that she got outbid and want to block her. I understand the frustration with annoying bidders. Buttt... If she wanted to bid again and her continued interest causes you to get $10-$20 more for your item by instigating a bidding war have you really come out ahead by not wanting to lose a couple bucks on shipping ?

Last edited:
First class mail seems to be getting put on the back burner by usps. I think they are overwhelmed with priority packages being sent for the holiday. I've got a first class package that has been sent twice that still hasn't got to my buyer & have heard from several other people that ship first class that are having similar problems.

Still not understanding what the problem is.

Does it matter if it takes a while for 1st class mail to get there? Even if it gets delayed, so what?

Still not understanding what the problem is.

Does it matter if it takes a while for 1st class mail to get there? Even if it gets delayed, so what?

If you are selling on ebay it can result in negative feedback. In my case it's been over 2 weeks since the buyer paid & I shipped. They still don't have their item. My buyer has been understanding so far. I've talked with other sellers that are getting nasty emails/messages and/or negative feedback due to delays that are solely the fault of the post office. A reasonable person would check the tracking before doing things like that but not everyone is reasonable.

First class not moving ... I have stuff sitting in the main sorting facility in my state for over a week. Priority is taking a week to get up the East Coast. Some stuff is not getting scanned at all, not at drop off, not along the way. Which will make problems for me if anyone complains. Now I am back to waiting in that horrid line and getting it scanned and a receipt.
As for the woman, it was a $30 brooch. She was arguing over a dollar, but she was not at all nice about it. Telling me to save money and wrap it in toilet paper. Uh, I take pride in how I send my stuff out. My feed back is incredible (except for that one negative that will disappear in April; can't wait!) with people very happy. (I wrap once in tissue, then in bubble wrap.
Anyway, to me it wasn't worth it to have her as a buyer. I didn't like her, and got very bad vibes from her.

I trust my gut. My other buyer was a total and complete b*tch to me from the get go. She asked for tracking like almost immediately. (She used BIN Friday afternoon. According to Ebay, I have until Monday to upload shipping information, which is what I do.) Dropped her package off with 20 other ones on Dec. 1. It took 5 days to get to Boston. Well guess what? She left the country and now she wants me to refund her money including shipping because "I printed the label wrong". Oh yeah? Why didn't you tell me you were under a crunch? why didn't you ask for express, which is guaranteed? She is another one I will block as soon as I get my watch back. Meanwhile, there is no one in Boston to accept it, the forwarding address she left is wrong, and no one seems to know what is going on.)

Tis the Season ... to bring out the worst in buyers!

USPS is closing 82 sorting facilities, right in time for the Holidays.

It took me 2 weeks to get a package from CA to Wisconsin; it went to Jacksonville, FL first.

I shipped an item the first time on Nov 24th that went to Fl & was returned to me on Dec 1st.....reshipped on Dec 2nd & tracking still shows it sitting in the sorting hub in my state. Buyer filed a request through the ebay system. Pretty sure my options are refund or deliver by the 11th. Doubt the delivery will happen so it looks like a refund. Under the new system a refund is a defect. Thanks USPS for losing my item & thanks ebay for trying to screw me out of TRS status for something I have no control over.

I shipped an item the first time on Nov 24th that went to Fl & was returned to me on Dec 1st.....reshipped on Dec 2nd & tracking still shows it sitting in the sorting hub in my state. Buyer filed a request through the ebay system. Pretty sure my options are refund or deliver by the 11th. Doubt the delivery will happen so it looks like a refund. Under the new system a refund is a defect. Thanks USPS for losing my item & thanks ebay for trying to screw me out of TRS status for something I have no control over.

A refund is a defect but you can get around it by just putting the buyers email address in paypal and sending them the money. As a completely new transaction.

I had a buyer open a case because his item was stuck in the mail. He could see where it was and knew it wasn't lost!! And the worst part was that HE WAS A DEALER WHO SELLS ON EBAY. I emailed him and said I'm happy to refund his money but I hated for him to go through the trouble of sending the item back to me when it arrived, as it surely would at some point. I am sure he was buying it to resell. He closed the case.

I had a buyer open a case(accidently as he just wanted to know about his package), I got a defect. I called Ebay, had them pull up the tracking, they could see that I had mailed on time, and the defect was removed. The buyer did end up getting the package, just took a little while longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back