WHAT is your favoite bug repellant for TICKS & CHIGGERS and other nasty critters?

Deet is awful stuff but very effective. A double secret probation load of it on my clothes and Im good. Don't want it on my skin. When I was in the jungles of India we would put Vicks Vaporub on our skin to keep the leeches off. That worked very well. Those that used it got zero leeches and those that didn't all got leeches. I would think the same for ticks? Haven't tried it. I don't get to tick country much. I do know in California it is pretty offensive smelling to the Liberal Democrats Gets them moving.

Are the Liberal Demoncraps leeches or ticks? I'll do whatever I can to offend them.

creskol, I use Permethrin wash treatment for my clothing and 90-100% DEET pump sprayed on all open skin surfaces. I've had better results with the pump spray over the aerosol cans. I'm lucky I have access to Permethrin P-40, Government agencies and the military use this, its a wash treatment for your clothing. I also spray the detector down with Permethrin or equivalent and the detector is also placed in a plastic Christmas tree storage box that has been sprayed and also has a small hand towel sprayed inside this. I was surprised to see how many Ticks and other unwanted insects came home on my detector.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

I carry a photo of my second wife safety-pinned to my detecting vest. I guess blood suckers observe professional courtesies, because I have never been bitten or stung. :skullflag:

I wish they had a laundry detergent .

Or those dryer sheets that come in the little box - with Deet .

Last edited:
Tea Tree Oil, mixed in a spray bottle with a little water. Its all natural, so you can put it on your skin. I use this in the woods, and haven't had a tick or mosquito on me since. Spray your pant cuffs, shirt cuffs, on your neck, arms, forehead, anywhere you want to. It is the best repellent I have ever used. Tea Tree Oil can be purchased at almost any health food store, or online.

Perinthin but not on the skin if you spray it on your clothes it will still work several times after you wash them then the off on your skin 5 deet

Apple cider vinegar in small spray bottle. Deet is the poison in wood preservative. Not healthy.

That's what I use as well. All natural and no poison seeping into your skin.
-DH-

Tea Tree Oil, mixed in a spray bottle with a little water. Its all natural, so you can put it on your skin. I use this in the woods, and haven't had a tick or mosquito on me since. Spray your pant cuffs, shirt cuffs, on your neck, arms, forehead, anywhere you want to. It is the best repellent I have ever used. Tea Tree Oil can be purchased at almost any health food store, or online.

I'll have to give that a try. Probably smells better than the Apple Cider Vinegar.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back