What's new

What it this?

Rww1987

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
144
Reaction score
115
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this for a couple years now. I picked it up in the river. What is it?
 

Attachments

  • image-414783121.webp
    image-414783121.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3893155651.webp
    image-3893155651.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image-779683851.webp
    image-779683851.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 114
It looks like it was hollow at one point. there is a lighter colored stone were the holes are.
 
Upvote 0
I think it might have been a flue cover
 
Upvote 0
I hope you still have this item. Please let me know. Depending on where it was found you may be holding some rare old art figurine. If it is what im thinking it is i will post a pic of it but first i would like to ask some more questions about it.
 
Upvote 0
bman3725 said:
I hope you still have this item. Please let me know. Depending on where it was found you may be holding some rare old art figurine. If it is what im thinking it is i will post a pic of it but first i would like to ask some more questions about it.

Ya I still have it. I found it in the river in Des Moines Iowa
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's of Native American origin not sure yet. Do you have any more photos of it by chance you can post?
 
Upvote 0
Byron, you must know more about native american artifacts than you do US coinage. If you don't......
 
Upvote 0
Have you tried to clean out the holes? HH
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Here are some more photos of it.
 

Attachments

  • image-639177509.webp
    image-639177509.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-99738793.webp
    image-99738793.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3137598983.webp
    image-3137598983.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1306588225.webp
    image-1306588225.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom