What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What kind of buckle is this?

Digger RJ

Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2017
Messages
22,153
Reaction score
37,828
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this about 8” deep. Looks to have gold gilt on it. The piece on the front broke off but was together in the dirt. Thank You in advance for any help IDing it!
0A6ABD79-4587-406B-83EC-7C2A74702A07.jpeg
C4510C4E-CDB0-4BB8-A237-96F49ABE0C34.jpeg
image.jpg
505BA470-82A2-411E-93FB-51F376F45B01.webp
 
Last edited:
To me it looks around 1900-1930's style. Also to me it appears to have Roman motif. The piece that broke off, does it appear to have been soldered on?
 
Upvote 1
It looks like it is modern and made out of leather and someone just sprayed a dark fake patina on it with acrylic or even rubbed with black shoe polish?
It’s brass and was 8”
in the ground under a root. Don’t believe it’s modern or fake.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 3
To me it looks around 1900-1930's style. Also to me it appears to have Roman motif. The piece that broke off, does it appear to have been soldered on?
Thank You!! Yes it appears to have been soldered on.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 3
Upvote 3
You might check out beltbucklehistory.com It may help identifing. I just happened upon it today surfing web.
Cool Thank You!! I added a pic of that stamp You found. W.&L
 
Upvote 1
Cool Thank You!! I added a pic of that stamp You found. W.&L
Lol I didnt find stamp, but i will take credit for it🤣😂🤣 I dont know how to post a link or I would have posted link of that website. Hopefully it might help identifing.
 
Upvote 1
Upvote 1
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom