F
Felinepeachy
Guest
- #1
Thread Owner
. A clam will bury itself at one end or the other, even a small one, and they don't bite
........NGESure BCH,bigcypresshunter said:You could be right. I have seen these and I have seen the crawdad holes all the time hiking the dry swamps. Wild hogs love to dig them up. I just always thought they were some kinda water bug but worm sounds good. Ill be following this post to see if you are correct.Timekiller said:I think the path/tunnel/burrow speaks for itself.All one has to do is look at how the thing comes in & out of the ground & follow the S shaped path it made.Also worms come to surface after rains,to mate or gather water for there skin or they will dry out & die.![]()
Do you dig these up for fishing?
Back home the water was more brackish & supported bass,blue gill,pike,Etc.But here where we live now were to close to the ocean all sand & salt.So don't see many earth worms.Lots of marine type though.Anyway once we got older we found the trick for worms that made it easy to get them when you wanted.Take a old refridgerator tare out all the shelves lay it on it's back fill 3/4 full of dirt & through a hand full of worms in it.Feed them table scraps like potato peels,corn meal,& wet news paper keep damp & covered with plactic or door from frig itself.And they will multiply quick & always have them when needed.
Green Check,oddrock said:My vote goes for an insect that spends most of it's time underground, comes out after a rain, or when you water your garden. Common name is "mole cricket". Sorry I do not remember the correct name. They are very fast diggers....
Oddrock
Great Id. You were on the right track for sure.bigcypresshunter said:I have seen them before in the dried up swamp.. I dont know but I always thought some kind of insect.

The green check didnt post on top.Felinepeachy said:Nope. It's been solved!![]()

