What's new

✅ SOLVED What kind of critter is this?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of critter is this? Squirrel,. Chipmunk, Rat ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1620.webp
    IMG_1620.webp
    790.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1621.webp
    IMG_1621.webp
    822.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1622.webp
    IMG_1622.webp
    918.4 KB · Views: 121
Fox squirrel perhaps? We don’t have them up my way (as far as I know), but I see a variety of colors of them online.
 
Upvote 0
yep squirrell
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a racoon had it's way with a squirrel last spring.
Is "it" a normal squirrel size? There's nothing to really compare to.
 
Upvote 0
Was it frozen solid lol
 
Upvote 0
Dead one. A young squirrel I think.
 
Upvote 0
Nuclear power plant water drinker
 
Upvote 0
It is kind of small .. about 10 inches from tip of nose to tip of tail.
It just showed up dead in the yard this afternoon. .. no cats or dogs around, but something must have killed it.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Dead chinchilla. maybe escaped or feral? We had one, I know what they look like dead.

3eb0926f-9f4b-430f-a0eb-fb06c119ca29.webp
 
Upvote 0
Flying squirrel. Should have webbed skin from front legs to back legs to glide with when jumping around in the tree tops. Fox squirrels are pretty big, much bigger than a gray squirrel.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a flying squirrel to me..
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a flying squirrel or a Chinchilla... but im no dead rodent expert xD
 
Upvote 0
Flying squirrel. Should have webbed skin from front legs to back legs to glide with when jumping around in the tree tops. Fox squirrels are pretty big, much bigger than a gray squirrel.


Great! Thanks! Now that I stretched it out, I think you are 100% correct! SOLVED!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom