What kind of necklace is this?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN9348.JPG DSCN9349.JPG DSCN9350.JPG DSCN9351.JPG DSCN9352.JPG DSCN9353.JPG DSCN9354.JPG DSCN9355.JPG DSCN9346.JPG DSCN9347.JPG :icon_scratch:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty cool hand beaded necklace. American folk art.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its a hippie necklace.deadhead,rasta type deal...very cool !!!

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a neat one.check to see if the beads could have been trade beads,looks like something an indian would do,money sure is old enough

Upvote 0

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad they poked holes in the coins,the Reale looks pretty old and decent shape and I see a large cent in the back too.....

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The large red, white and blue bead is called a Chevron. They were a trade item in both Africa and the US. Chevron beads have value, in the neighborhood of 50 to 75 dollars for
one bead, but I'm not up on values at this time. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevron_bead> Check the link to learn more about the chevron bead. The coins are also old, which
tends to make one think the necklace is old also. From the pictures, it looks to me like the thread the beads are strung with is a synthetic, some sort of nylon, so even if the beads
and money is old, they are strung on very modern thread, and I'm inclined to agree with Bigfoot that it's a hippie string of beads.

The link didn't highlight to click on, so highlight and copy, then paste it in a google search. OK, the link is working now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevron_bead

Last edited:
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i'm thinking (hoping) that those coins were already drilled, like so many that we find from the old days.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread