What's new

What kind of pottery is this ?

Looks to be Southwestern Pueblo style.JMO really need better photos
 
Hard to see it with all of the stone laying in it. Lets see the stone and the bowl
 
Woo- nice bowl, but can't see but a part of it. Could we please have another pic- to see the pattern and color, maybe in natural light? Nice rocks too ;) Yakker
 
 
There's a tradition of precise artwork on pottery in New Mexico called Mimbres. Does it have anything, say anything on the bottom? Sometimes there are specific artisans... Yakker
 
There's nothing like that on the bottom I also have a bunch on broken pieces of the same material
 
It's not Mimbres, it's a later pueblo piece. Is it signed on the bottom? Pics of the designs on the side would help.
 
Thanks Neanderthal. It was a shot in the dark. And I was trying to get to what you asked- the bottom-- and the side, tho I didn't think of that. Thanks for the correction! Yak
 
Did some home work on the net and pueblo comes the closes to it .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom