What's new

What kinda scoop is this????

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this scoop in a deal with a detector. I am going to sell it, but would like to have some info on it. All Stainless, very nicely made and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs. Any info is appreciated!

Aaron

028-1.jpg
 
Upvote 0
It looks like one of the original Sunspot scoops, it has the 90 degree handle. I think they have gone to an angled handle now.... How long ago did you get it? How much do you want for it?
 
Its called a ProScoop...ProStockDetectors has them for $189 without the handle...they usually have them on Ebay.
 
Whatcha gonna ask for it?
 
I got mine from Down Under detectors and love it. I put the Beach Brute aluminum handle on it. That scoop drains fast and keeps the stud ear rings. If it is a area with lots of small shells then it holds those small pieces of shell and finding your target in it is more difficultl
 
You may want to rethink getting rid of that scoop! Round holes hold onto sand/debris more greedily--square holes release faster and easier--sort of a physics thing going on here--ha!The square holes in it would be faster and better to release sand and debris than a round holed one--That one appears to be type where you just put one handle from a post hole digger in it--which is really strong. Bet it would work like crazy down at a sandy beach!
 
Last edited:
Hmmmmm, guess I may consider keeping it.....I'm just not a fan of the 90 degree scoops. I am so used to my RTG Pro Aluminum.
 
I was going to buy it as a back up, I also do not like 90 degree handles, I was going to go to a metal shop and have them make a handle with a bend in it like the Beach BruteII
 
I have one as well and thought id hate the 90 degree handle. Man i find it so much better at retaining targets in the bucket. Like Les said if you arent in the shells .... shake it as you bring it up and its almost empty by time you look inside. You have to lean a bit further forward but i dont loose nearly as many targets floating out of it. I DONT like the foot part on the back.... Les changed his and looks good. But ive gotten used to it now and wont change it. Ill take this over an RTG any day. Im not certain they are going to be making these much longer.

Dew
 
The Proscoop you have there is the smaller 8 inch size. I bought one when i had a wrist injury and needed a smaller scoop. The full size scoop is 9.5 inches wide. The 8 inch makes a GREAT dry sand scoop as it sifts so fast. My wrist has healed and I am now going to get the full size Proscoop, they are that good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom