What's new

What Large Cent ??

GoingDown

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
108
Golden Thread
0
Location
King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Clearly is the year 180__ - might be a 5 - but can anyone ID the specific year/style?

Thanks!!!!

GD :)
 

Attachments

  • P6260238s.webp
    P6260238s.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 300
  • P6260237s.webp
    P6260237s.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 310
Maybe it's just my trifocals but I'd say it is 1805. Any one with a better eye.
 
Upvote 0
Hard to tell with it on a side shot. :icon_scratch: But my best guess is a ........... (below pics.)
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • s273[1].webp
    s273[1].webp
    96.2 KB · Views: 312
  • s272[1].webp
    s272[1].webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
I have to go with 1805, but it does look like an overstamp, in a way. That said, I've only heard of the 1806/7 overstamp.

I've pulled a couple 1803s up this month, but not as nice as yours. Your soil must be copper-friendly. Nice find!
 
Upvote 0
a draped bust cent, looks like a 1807/6, better pic of the date area would help alot with knowing for sure, but really nice either way
 
Upvote 0
I think 1807? Don't know about the overstrike? Monty
 
Upvote 0
It is not any of the 1807 varieties, looks to be the 1805 Sheldon 267 variety, Blunt 1, on the reverse the Point of the high leaf is barely right of the left edge of the E in STATES. Rarity 1 Very Common.
Angled shots of coins always make ID a bit more difficult and do recommend always to include straight on shots of both sides, in addition to any other angled shots.

Don
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom