What's new

What mode should I hunt

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a old school house to hunt tomorrow. I have the DFX and I was wondering what mode should I hunt in. Coins or Relic.....Matt
 
Why not try both, see which works better for you? Or, work the same area in both modes and see what the difference is? :wink:
 
Well, let's see . . .

If it's an elementary school, set it to low mode.
If it's a middle school, set it to about the middle, and
if it's a high school, set it to high. :tongue3:


Oh, I KNOW it's a "groaner," but I just cannot help myself!
:nono:
 
You can try what I call Pro-Gold, based on the Prospecting program. Settings:

Target Volume 48 [User preference]
Audio Threshold 17 [User preference]
Tone (Audio Freq) 160
Audio Discrim ON
Silent Search OFF
Mixed Mode OFF
A.C. Sensitivity 68 [SET FOR STABLE OPERATION]
D.C. Sensitivity 50 [SET FOR STABLE OPERATION]
Backlight OFF
Viewing Angle 25

Pro Options: Audio

Ratchet Pin-pointing OFF
S.A.T Speed 9
Tone I.D ON
V.C.O ON
Modulation OFF

G.E.B /Trac

Autotrac ON
Trac View OFF/ON (personal preference)
Autotrac Speed 8
Autotrac Offset +1
Trac Inhibit OFF
Coarse G.E.B AUTO
Fine G.E.B AUTO

Descrim Edit

Accept: -40-+95
Reject:-95--41
Block Edit AS EDIT
Learn Accept OFF
Learn Reject OFF
Recovery Speed 20
Bottlecap Reject 1
Hot Rock Reject 10 [If you've got problems with hot rocks turn it up]
Sweep Speed 7
Ground Filtering 4 [Depends on trash and mineralization]

Display

Visual Disc ON
Icons OFF
V.D.I Sensitivity 85
D.C Phase ON
Graph Averaging ON
Graph Accumulating ON
Fade Rate 7

Single Transmit Receive

Preamp Gain 4 [SET FOR STABLE OPERATION]
2 Frequency (best data) OFF
2 Frequency (correlate) OFF
V.D.I Normalized ON
1 Frequency (3 khz) OFF
1 Frequency (15 khz) ON
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom