What's new

What on the CTX is NOT waterproof?

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't water hunt more than about knee deep, and that's only about once or twice per year, but I'm doing a multi-day hunt next weekend and it might be uncooperative weather. I seem to remember the WM10 module is not waterproof....anything else I should be aware of in a downpour?
 
I dont own one but have been reading reviews etc on the 3030. If you are not submerging it you should be ok. There has been some leaks around the batteries and usb ports reported. Not everyone is having this problem.
 
Jeff- the only possible area of water infiltration would be the small module where the headphone plugs in.... Just remove it and put in the plug for the headphone connector and you will be fine in the rain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom