What Pennsylvania County do you live in?

OP
OP
vpnavy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montgomery County checking in.
metal_detector.gif
Recorded Auriemma - thanks!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allegheney county here

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I can't complain, I've done well detecting down here in Lancaster/Berks counties. I have virtually no experience in the remaining 65 counties. What is your opinion on the best counties to detect. I'm assuming the ones that are and have been the most densely populated. All counties in and around Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc. How are the counties in northern PA which would be considered less populated? Are there good finds? Can anyone say they have a county that really kicks ass to hunt? I guess I'm rating my county as average, but on a basis of not knowing any better.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I can't complain, I've done well detecting down here in Lancaster/Berks counties. I have virtually no experience in the remaining 65 counties. What is your opinion on the best counties to detect. I'm assuming the ones that are and have been the most densely populated. All counties in and around Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc. How are the counties in northern PA which would be considered less populated? Are there good finds? Can anyone say they have a county that really kicks ass to hunt? I guess I'm rating my county as average, but on a basis of not knowing any better.

If you can find a county with old settlements and very few people that detect, you've hit the jackpot lol. You can also share that info with me!

OP
OP
vpnavy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Please gang - this thread is only to register for your county - use the PM feature to communicate with those that have registered. Hope you understand.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread