What Pin pointer to get??

Just got a carrot. I've been using a Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer and thought is was descent. The carrot just blows it away, with the depth and sensitivity control. I don't have experience with the Pro pointer ll. I vote Carrot:thumbsup:

Where you live, you maybe should consider the Carrot, its waterproof.

I just recently bought and have been using a Nokta Pointer, which I really like.
I have had TWO black Pro Pointers, but both have failed me - maybe because I used
them A-LOT! You know, hunting three, four or more times per week, does wear gear out....! =]
Nokta Pointer is real sensitive to small metal, and has ten sens. settings, waterproof and other great features.
Yes, I know its not American made, but the quality of the design and materials, is far above the Carrot.
Consider.

Either one will do for you. I have the original Pro Pointer and a Carrot. I'd spend the extra to get the waterproof Carrot. I don't mind hunting when the ground is saturated. Some spots were so wet that the hole would fill with water as I removed the plug. When I did it in the past, with the Pro Pointer, I always worried about water getting in via the switch hole or speaker slits (never happened). No worries with the Carrot. :thumbsup:

Garrett Carrot is water proof. The black one is not. That should be the deciding feature.

Pro Ponter vs.  Garrett Carrot.jpg

For $17 difference it's a no brainer if going with Garrett. Get the carrot. Waterproof, adjustable sensitivity, ruler, fast retune, color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any Question--I'll be going with the Carrot--I didn't know if the new black one had any new features to overcome the Carrot--Perry

I have one of each of Garrett's Pin Pionter AT and Pin Pointer II - had a problem with the AT sent it in and less than a week Garrett sent me a new one. I use the AT in rain & wet conditions & II in dry conditions. Bought a White's Bulleye pointer and sent it back because the vibration & sound was to light and did not compare to the Garrett. If I had to choose only one it would be the AT.

Texas ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back