What's new

What pitch does the GT give off from a Latex glove? Depends on .....

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
what's in the fingers of the glove???

Was hunting dry sand today when I got a medium high sound; dug a scoop of sand , dumped it, and checked it out.

There was a latex glove among the items, and I found it strange that it was giving off a medium high pitch; glove was covered with dirt, and all twisted up, so I pushed it aside and kept checking for the origin of the sound which always came back to the glove:icon_scratch:

Upon closer examination, I finally saw coins in the thumb and fingers :thumbsup:..not much , but I 'll take it.

Also found a '63 Roosie ( saved the day), and various clads. Here's a couple of pics .

Thanks for looking , and don't discard those latex gloves that you may dig up ; there just might be a ring inside the 4th finger of the glove :laughing7:

Lorraine


DSCF2832.webp

DSCF2833.webp

DSCF2834.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's pretty weird! Nice finds anyway!
 
Now that's what I call an interesting find. Can you imagine if someone put a ring or other valuables in there thinking the were secure. WTG Lorraine.
 
Very strange place to find coins isn't it. I'm not inclined to do anything except look the other way when I find latex, but I guess I'd dig into it for coins too - or maybe not.
 
Thought I had it figured out...I expected it to be a ring that came off when they pulled the glove off...wasn't expecting you to say coins...strange. :icon_scratch:
 
I have seen a fist full of dollars but never a glove full of coins. Lol
 
THEY PROBABLY SAW SOMEONE DETECTING IN THE SUMMER OR FALL AND DID THAT - HAVE FOUND COINS IN GLOVES BEFORE - PLASTIC BAGS - TAPED UP AND EVEN WRAPPED IN GUM - YOU JUST NEVER KNOW
 
Interesting for sure. I was thinking maybe a ring?

In summertime I quite often find paper store receipts folded up with coin change inside.
 
I hope you washed them reel good Lorriane.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom