What's new

what sites/maps do you guys use?

FireonIce

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Galeton, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm pretty new to metal detecting and I was wondering where are the best sites and maps/tools you guys use to find where old houses and buildings use to be from long ago and the methods you use to find these places? I currently am using the site www.historicaerials.com which seems to be very useful, but I wondered if there are better sites or resources out there that are easily available.
 
Youre in pa so historicmapworks.com would probably have some maps for you, and u can overlay, just take accuracy with a grain of salt, its a pretty good site.
 
I checked out the site you told me about but there really wasn't any useful maps for my area there :-(
 
If I were you, I'd be looking for this book Around Galeton and Coudersport, a Postcard History series.

Also you might want to check out the library that congress uses, hint hint, wink wink.
 
Last edited:
Sanborn fire ins. maps work well also
 
Thanks very much! I actually have that book and found a few helpful hints as to where to hunt from the pictures.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom