What's new

What small coils available for Golden Sabre2?

alba359

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Louisiana
Hi All, I ordered a Golden Sabre2 from Ebay. I'd like to get a smaller coil. Will a Delta or Episilon coil work on this unit. Are there any aftermarket coils for the GS2. What Tesoro manufactured coils were made for the GS2. Any info is greatly appreciated. Sincere Thanks, Don
 
I'd be interested in this as well, after all - my Royal Sabre is already pretty sweet with its' stock coil.....
'
 
I don't have one but I'm guessing it used five pin Epsilon coils. Four pin Deltas won't work.

Shoot Dave an email at Pentechnic

https://www.pentechnic.co.uk
 
Thanks for the reply guys.And thanks for your service in Vietnam and Cambodia DeepseekerADS. I was in high school during the war. At my school I never heard a bad word about the guys who served. Almost everyone had relatives in the war and we respected those who served. And thanks Steve1357. I didn't know the GS2 had a 5 pin connector.
 
Have you considered using your new GS2 with its stock coil first before deciding in advance that you will need a smaller coil? My old Golden Sabre Plus does a good job of target separation with its stock white donut coil. It is one detector that I will never sell.
 
Was that the brown case Golden Sabre, mounted under the rod? Regardless, it takes the epsilon coil, 5 pin coil.
 
Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don
 
Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don

In that case, a small coil might pull out coins among the trash. Before I bought the Tesoro GS Plus, I used an early '80's vintage garrett master hunter, then new and "high tech" at the time, and went down to a 4" garrett "co-planar" sniper coil at an old park popular in the 1890's to early 1900's. It was pre-pulltab but littered with tiny gold foil Heinz 57 paks. The 4" coil pulled out more Barber dimes than I had ever found. I think 8 Barber dimes in one day is still my personal record. That particular coil was also perfect at another site where EMI was an issue with larger concentric coils. So yes, a small coil can be very useful at park sites that are so littered with trash. And the tesoro should balance better with a small coil than that heavy old garrett (had to use a hip-mount kit with that heavy control box). Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Megalodon. 8 Barber in one day! 8 silver dimes is great! But 8 Barber's in one day?!?! That's a dream come true! It's also encouraging! Thanks for the motivation!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom