What small coils available for Golden Sabre2?

I'd be interested in this as well, after all - my Royal Sabre is already pretty sweet with its' stock coil.....
'

Thanks for the reply guys.And thanks for your service in Vietnam and Cambodia DeepseekerADS. I was in high school during the war. At my school I never heard a bad word about the guys who served. Almost everyone had relatives in the war and we respected those who served. And thanks Steve1357. I didn't know the GS2 had a 5 pin connector.

Have you considered using your new GS2 with its stock coil first before deciding in advance that you will need a smaller coil? My old Golden Sabre Plus does a good job of target separation with its stock white donut coil. It is one detector that I will never sell.

Was that the brown case Golden Sabre, mounted under the rod? Regardless, it takes the epsilon coil, 5 pin coil.

Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don

Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don

In that case, a small coil might pull out coins among the trash. Before I bought the Tesoro GS Plus, I used an early '80's vintage garrett master hunter, then new and "high tech" at the time, and went down to a 4" garrett "co-planar" sniper coil at an old park popular in the 1890's to early 1900's. It was pre-pulltab but littered with tiny gold foil Heinz 57 paks. The 4" coil pulled out more Barber dimes than I had ever found. I think 8 Barber dimes in one day is still my personal record. That particular coil was also perfect at another site where EMI was an issue with larger concentric coils. So yes, a small coil can be very useful at park sites that are so littered with trash. And the tesoro should balance better with a small coil than that heavy old garrett (had to use a hip-mount kit with that heavy control box). Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Megalodon. 8 Barber in one day! 8 silver dimes is great! But 8 Barber's in one day?!?! That's a dream come true! It's also encouraging! Thanks for the motivation!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back