What's new

What States have you metal detected in?

tmanfromtexas

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
755
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I was thinking about where all I have hunted over the last 9 years and realized I had hunted in quite a few states. I thought it would be fun to see where people are from and what states they had hunted in and why they had hunted there.
For me:
Texas, live there
Kentucky, worked there for a short time
Ohio, was in Kentucky and crossed the line
New Mexico, vacation
California, worked there for a period of time
Indiana, worked there for a period of time
Illinois, working accross the state line
Louisiana, working there now

TMAN...
 
TMAN,Let's see,Florida,vacation,Tennessee,vacation,NewHampshire,vacation, Maine,vaction,Massachucetts,cause I live here,for now! God Bless Chris
 
Alabama, a few hours in Tennessee and Kentucky . A couple of hours in Virginia when I was 16, Machachusetts on vacation for two weeks, North Dakota(used to live there), An hour in Indiana, about 4 hunts in South Carolina and I now live in North Carolina. Most of my good finds have been from overseas.
 
NJ, PA, NY, NC - Mexico and Dominican Republic. Okay the last two are not states but I figured I would include them anyways.

NJ
 
Indiana
Michigan
Ohio
West Virginia
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Penn
Alabama
Georga
Florida
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Delaware
Maine
Tenn
Kentucky
.....and I may have missed a couple?
 
I think I'm more like Mackaydon, but in the state of disillusion

bigscoop, wow, that's a good deal of area you've covered. Now for the million dollar question.

Did you find anything :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:
 
spartacus53 said:
I think I'm more like Mackaydon, but in the state of disillusion

bigscoop, wow, that's a good deal of area you've covered. Now for the million dollar question.

Did you find anything :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:

Not near enough to pay the expenses. :laughing9: But it was fun and the adventures were worth every penny. :thumbsup:
 
Minnesota - live here
Illinois
Wisconsin
New Mexico 6 yearly trips @ 2 weeks each time
Montana
Texas
Colorado
Florida
Pennsylvania
Ohio
(+ New Zealand, Ireland, Israel 2 X - 2 weeks each time)
 
Indiana (live here)
Michigan
Florida
Washington State
 
OR WA ID OK CA AZ THAT IT :headbang: :thumbsup:
 
State of inebriation...naw. Detected in Oklahoma, my native state; Colorado, the state I was exiled to 8 years ago; Texas panhandle and NE New Mexico, which I usually try to pass through when I go back to Oklahoma, and Moab, Utah, which is where the majority of Summit County CO goes to hang out in the off season because quite frankly, Aspen sucks.
 
I'm a native Californian, typical west coast dude. Ive hunted in several other states while on vacation.

Pennsylvania: Some parks and small towns have produced some nice finds. Indian head pennies, barber dime, seated dime, lots of wheats, V nickels, buffalo's, and over a dozen mercs.

Maryland: Really nice 14k gold and diamond ring while water hunting a few years ago.

Nevada: Hunted several ghost towns out in the desert, mainly relics found, a few tokens and pennies. Hunting partner dug up a barber dime.

Hawaii: Hunted Waikiki Beach on the Island of Oahu. Didn't know I found 2 silver dimes and a silver quarter until I got home and knocked off the crust from these 3 silver coins. All were dated from the 1940's.

Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Idaho. Just the usual stuff, not enough time to really check the areas out.
 
bigscoop said:
Indiana
Michigan
Ohio
West Virginia
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Penn
Alabama
Georga
Florida
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Delaware
Maine
Tenn
Kentucky
.....and I may have missed a couple?
West Virginia !!!! You were lookin for my Stash weren't Yuh :dontknow:

Guess I will have to go find it myself, And move it..... :BangHead:
 
states????

I barely made it over to the next county!

Indiana, PA ... and Pittsburgh, PA

I have also only started detecting in Aug 2011...

I have 2 trips planned for this summer... one beach vacation to Duck, NC and one to Phoenix, AZ....

anyone close?....
 
Maine (Where I live), Massachusetts (Cape Cod, I go there often), and South Carolina (Myrtle Beach).
 
Started detecting in May 2002 in Texas. So far 334 zip codes in 23 states up thru 2011.
AZ, CA, CO, GA, IL, IA, KS, KY, MN, MT, NE, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, MI, WY, WI, TX
Dug up 20,000th coin in June 2010.
MN = 160 zip codes
TX = 59
SD = 12
AZ = 13
IA = 11
CO = 11
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom