What's new

What the heck?

up north

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What could this be? It's driving me nuts. It is chromed in places, and really well made. Most of it is made of brass/bronze, but the ''fin'' in the middle seems to be iron. I found a lot of other cool stuff at this 1900 home site including a ladies hair comb with tortise shell intact. I really appreciate any feedback.
 

Attachments

  • photo.webp
    photo.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 615
  • photo1.webp
    photo1.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 636
Could it be the head to an older model fire sprinkler?
 
Upvote 0
Interesting idea Creskol. I checked some collections of old sprinkler heads and saw no matches.
None of the parts of this thing are hollow, including the 'rods'.
 
Upvote 0
We want to see the "ladies hair comb with tortise shell intact"! Forget the gas valve!
 
Upvote 0
Can you post another photo or two from different angles?
 
Upvote 0
Another view...
 

Attachments

  • photo6.webp
    photo6.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
Possible water valve. Either pull or push handle to get a flow, release to stop. Used to see them at service stations (back when it was service). Some were quite heavy duty. Just an idea. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
My first thought is it might be part of the operating lever for a transom window, but I'm no where near certain.
 
Upvote 0
Tank float valve...?

Man I haven't been on TN for a long time......
 
Upvote 0
Bracket to a folding buggy canopy. Just a guess.
 
Upvote 0
The last pic looks like 2 different pieces in your hand. I wish I could hold this item in my hand to try and figure it out. ;D Try 2 light sources to eliminate the shadows.. More pics can only help.

Does it swivel like a U-joint? Is that a bolt or rivet that is missing on one side?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom