What The Hell? Is There A Silver Coin In My Glove Somewhere?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
....because this past weekend, I was slowed down by the sounding off as I checked/waved dirt past the coil. I do this with my left hand/glove. Here I am thinking, boy that was a quick recovery and no coin in the hand, just dirt. Over and over. I pull the freaking glove out and shake all the dirt out, wave it past the coil, etc, etc. Only when I put it on does it do this, and the icing is this......only if I actually close my hand, not if my hand is open and extended. This is the only hand/glove that was doing it. Can it actually be the dirt that has accumulated on the surface of my glove? What gives? Will washing this glove make it go away? I checked for hidden tags, etc, etc. Nothing. I'm starting to think that somehow the tiny bits of dirt have somehow magnetized, who knows. Better yet, has this happened to you or am I the only one with a falsing glove?

Upvote 0

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Is it possible when you were in a squatted position from digging that
one of the eyelets on your shoe is metal and you are holding your
hand in front of it ?
If not you must have a heck of a lot of iron in your blood ;D
Thats a weird one , keep us posted.

Doozis

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RFID tag? they can be embedded in any clothing by stores. They are designed to foil thieves but who knows what other uses they will have. 8)

Maybe iron flecks from some relic you dug - got embedded in material?

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I think there is a spirit haunting you. Or you have some magical skills you don’t know about.
Go play the slots. ;D

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
if its an RFID tag you can find it by nuking it in the microwave oven. put it in for 20 seconds or so and then check the glove see if some part of it is really hot. be careful.

OP
OP
Ricardo_NY1

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
re-tek said:
if its an RFID tag you can find it by nuking it in the microwave oven. put it in for 20 seconds or so and then check the glove see if some part of it is really hot. be careful.

What exactly is an RFID tag? I do remember that when I was walking out of Home Depot with them, they rang off even though they'd been scanned/paid for. The Loss Prevention guard looked them over and that was that. I'm going to give that a try.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Ricardo I had a similar issue with a pair from lowes. The offending item, an rfdipdqasap tag was inside the glove. The one I had to remove was a small piece of plastic about 3/4 of an inch long. It was attached to a tag on the inside of the glove, the tag was made so the center had a pocket and that is where the tag was. Once removed, no problem.

Also if it has leather check, carefully to see if a piece of needle got broken off during the manufacturing process.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for all you'd ever want to know about RFID tags and then some -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

take note of security and privacy issues. >:(

yeah those things that sound alarms are usually rfid tags not properly neutralized by store equipment.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
it's a super micro mini chip half the size of a grain of rice and easily located by any Minelab, Compass or Fisher of equal substance, installed by the Chinese manufacturer courtesy of and paid for by the Sudanese Government to explore the possibilities that we may actually, really know that they actually do make crap gloves. In fact, it even has a very tiny camera to do a bit of spying now and then so that they can exchange info with Taiwan and India, if the price is right.

Another more likely possibility;

If the gloves have ever gotten wet they can easily store (dried) metalic elements after the metalic substances were being suspended in an aqueous solution (a detergent action). When dried they can bond with oxygen and become iron oxide, magnesium oxide, mangenese oxide, lead oxide, etc. This dried solution works very much like anything else that for example leaves an odor on something, wet or dried. In other words, mud when dried can have traces of metalic substances in it. I have a couple of detectors that do the same thing at times with only dust on my hands. This is of course only one of the possibilities for the signal, among many many others.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Washing your glove will probably make it go away....
I lose socks all the time in the washer/drier.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions