Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off I haven't been out in almost 3 week's and needed a fix no matter what it took so I decided to go to one of my bullet field's at Sharpsburg and it paid off but not without beating myself up trying to chip one lonely 3-ringer out of the ice.All in all it cost me a half tank of gas,1/2 day of my time,and some aching muscle's all for a $4.00 piece of lead.......was it worth it.......HELL YES. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,887
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,872
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,872
Upvote 0
That is an awesome find. I know what you mean, I am about to go stir crazy myself. I have not been out in about 2 weeks.
Dman

Nice looking three ringer. I agree with you. Even if it was just a nail, still be worth it.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

This is the best hobby in the world. What else would make you do something like that.
We went hunting last weekend and it was 14 degrees. We had a ball.
Congrats on a nice bullet.

You worked hard for that one, :icon_thumright:

Thats better than sitting in the house nice 3 ringer!

Hey Civilman,
Great find and well worth the weather! I live at 8000' in southern Colo. We've got a good 3' of snow still on the ground. So it will be awhile before I can get back out.
Pagosa Pete

Now thats dedication civilman!!! I guess you could pour some kerosene on the pinpoint area and melt it out of the ground,,,,!!!! :laughing9:

That might look funny with a bunch of little fires burning though,,,!! :laughing9:

good find though,,,, hope ya got your fix!!!

arthur

Way to go, I admire you for your ambition, as for me I think I will wait till the frost is gone! Nice find.

YEAH!!!!! WTG :thumbsup: Years ago I was getting stir crazy and went out in about a foot of snow and dug a couple shell fragments.
OH in frozen ground like that I've used a hatchet and one place where I knew I wouldn't get into trouble I built little fires over the signals to help melt the frozen ground. The fire business was in my younger dumber days though but I still keep a hatchet in my truck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back