What's new

What the !@#$%^&?

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've been getting ten boxes of halves a week across four different banks here in town and today I got a real puzzler. I got three whole boxes of machine wrapped uncirculated 1995s! How is that possible? The paper doesn't look 23 years old, nor does the box appear to have sat untouched that long. What gives?
 
Upvote 0
I used to see that when I hunted in Richmond Va. I always figured it was related to the fed bank and then having buckets and binds of halves laying from the 90’s that get dipped into from time to time.
 
put them all in coinstar, get cash, go back to bank, buy more coins
 
Probably not coinstar , most grab at least 10 percent - on 3 boxes that's giving away $150.
 
Yes I got the dreaded 95s and dreadedful 98s last year... Ugh. Nightmare that still shows up scattered across boxes from time to time. YUK
 
2000 and 2001 hit hard about two years ago in my area. It was horrible. Didn’t matter where you ordered from. Solid uncirculated rolls. It took about 3 months to start getting normal boxes again
 
Oh dear lord! Speak of the devil,.. I just picked up 1994s. One thing is they don't get your hands dirty lol. I meant to dump them without finishing the box but its easy searching them after I drove to get them. Oh well.We mst never speak of this again.
 
Four straight weeks now with 1995! It has to end at some point. Fortunately, I got a 57 silver box from another bank!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom