• Thread starter Deleted member 103125
  • Start date

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry Gare, there are no mountain lions in Ohio.
{Please tell me this HOW does BEAR SPRAY work on RATTLESNAKES !!! LOL
BTW TOP of the MORNING TO YOU SIR !!!

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading about those escaped animals. As for rattlesnakes, we have enough for you to enjoy. I'm inviting to come to Penna. We will spend a day out searching and taking photos of your favorite snake. THey are your favorite snake, aren't they Gare?:laughing7:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading about those escaped animals. As for rattlesnakes, we have enough for you to enjoy. I'm inviting to come to Penna. We will spend a day out searching and taking photos of your favorite snake. THey are your favorite snake, aren't they Gare?:laughing7:
HahaahahahahAhAHAHA YOUR SO FUNNY :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those animals did not escape. The owner of the place was very unstable and released them all. I do not understand why they could not tranqualize them . Maybe to many at one time and the public's safety was a concern

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH yes ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE SNAKES

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this minus the sifter screen & boots plus a 5 ft crowbar = 70 pounds.And fits in 2 five gal buckets.
009.JPG

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does BEAR SPRAY work on MOUNTAIN LIONS ?
I wouldn't worry, I heard bobcats ran all the Ohio mountain lions off a while back.
Cat's never make good pets, regardless of size.

Surely someone in your area has reported seeing a bear on a trail cam near you?

Oh, look what I found:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 103125

I do nopt carry much with me . A friend of mine taught me to have a plastic tote box in my car that has anything i might possibly want or need. Some of the things in the box are a spray bottle of water, @ battery power banks. Charge cords for my detectors , so if need be i can hook up to a power bank. Extra batterieds for my pinpointers, Red Book , screwdrivers and minor tools, Magnifying glass, always have a few coins like i am hoping to find to test my equipment. Now most of this stuff stays in my tote bin in my car if needed. i also have a manual for what ever detector i am using . Hope this help[s
YES, THANK YOU !

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry, I heard bobcats ran all the Ohio mountain lions off a while back.
Cat's never make good pets, regardless of size.

Surely someone in your area has reported seeing a bear on a trail cam near you?

Oh, look what I found:

We have the occasional escaped Mountain Lion,they usually get shot during deer season.Lots of Bears they,ve increased to the point of being a nuisance,get hit by cars,tear up beehives and such but I,ve never heard of them bothering people. Bobcats don,t mess with people,they,re pretty shy and not very big either. besides,that,s what the 106mm is for!
:laughing7:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 103125

We have the occasional escaped Mountain Lion,they usually get shot during deer season.Lots of Bears they,ve increased to the point of being a nuisance,get hit by cars,tear up beehives and such but I,ve never heard of them bothering people. Bobcats don,t mess with people,they,re pretty shy and not very big either. besides,that,s what the 106mm is for!
:laughing7:
Bobcats, Mountain Lions, Rattlesnakes have ALL been chased off by the release of free-range politicians 😁

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 103125

One thing I learned after roughly 5 years of solid deployments was to pack as light as possible. We had a guy on one of my first deployments that brought a whole trunk of books to read (he was pretty clueless as to what deploying to a war front meant), but by his 4th deployment he only had one pack and one bag of uniforms like the rest of us.
You learn as you go what you actually need versus what you brought and eventually whittle it down to the exact minimum you need for an effective and comfortable hunt. One thing to consider is that the more you carry, the more you become a target for people looking to roll you for your gear. And the more gear you carry, the quicker you get tired and thus become an even easier target for criminals (and bears, dogs, etc.). Aside from my detector, a Pinpointer, and a digger, my cellphone and Glock are my most important carry items. YMMV.
Well spoken. GLOCK ? I'd take my RUGER P95

usafaviator

Greenie
Feb 8, 2011
Well spoken. GLOCK ? I'd take my RUGER P95
Nice choice Thunderbot, the P95 is definetly a great option as well. Glock is just one tool in my "kit" and the name I have the most "real world" experience with along with Sig. Just like detectors and detecting gear, just one of anything is not enough. ;) Either way, it is good to see that others agree that personal protection is important when were out swinging $1000 detectors.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been detecting since 1975 - one thing ive learned
if possible bring 2 of everything if you can afford it
have had detectors break - digging tools break
set down a mask and snorkel and had someone come from behind and steal - and many other bad stories - especially on trips so i pack 2 of everything important
have been out and had other break a scoop or other items and luckily i had spares to let them borrow

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been detecting since 1975 - one thing ive learned
if possible bring 2 of everything if you can afford it
have had detectors break - digging tools break
set down a mask and snorkel and had someone come from behind and steal - and many other bad stories - especially on trips so i pack 2 of everything important
have been out and had other break a scoop or other items and luckily i had spares to let them borrow
WELL said Casper I also have a lot of backups

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had another idea for you...

You can pile a ton of MDing stuff on one of these babies and it will follow you. Not sure how it would do in a woods...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread