What's new

what to do... *UPDATE* ...what I ended up doing

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
**I DECIDED AGAINST GETTING THE BOXES BECAUSE EVENTHOUGH I COULD'VE EASILY GOTTEN THEM WITH THE VAULT TELLER GONE, I FOUND OUT THEY WERE MY BROTHER IN LAW'S BOXES!!! SO INEVITABLY I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT ARE IN THOSE BOXES ANYWAY!**

So yesterday I go to my good pickup bank and pick up CWI boxes. There has been another gentleman who has began ordering boxes from the same bank...probably started nearly a month ago. He has bumped up his ordering to 1k.

Now, at this bank I have a stellar relationship with the vault teller...I'll go in and shoot the Shia with her, ask her about her fam, etc. Well of yesterdays boxes (CWI dated 7 AUG 07), the first box yielded 1 40%. The other box had been taped shut on the end...she said the deliverer had dropped the boxes and she put the rolls back in. Now I'm not sure how many fell out, but I start rolling through the second box and get to a roll that has 2 90%s...a 64 and a BF. Those were the only two in there in the same roll. So I sit here and wonder...has that ever happened to anyone else? 2 90s in the same roll and the rest of the box a skunkaroo. I also ponder...what's in the other boxes??

Now here's the dilemma, the main vault teller is heading out of town today and I know the older gentleman has not picked up those boxes. The vault teller specifically told me I couldn't have his boxes...but I'm wondering what's in them. I mean if I got 2 90s in a roll...and that's it, I'd be betting that he's gonna get a good box. I know it's bad karma and I don't want any trouble with this bank, but it'd be great to swoop in this afternoon and pick em up before this other guy gets there.

Thoughts, concerns? I know we've all had boxes stolen before, and the feeling isn't great, but there's that feeling. Maybe I can buy them and take em back rerolled, setting a skunk trap up? I'm really being mean now I better just go. I don't expect any stellar comments from this, just idea gathering!
 
Upvote 0
Re: what to do...

dandow20 said:
So yesterday I go to my good pickup bank and pick up CWI boxes. There has been another gentleman who has began ordering boxes from the same bank...probably started nearly a month ago. He has bumped up his ordering to 1k.

Now, at this bank I have a stellar relationship with the vault teller...I'll go in and shoot the Shia with her, ask her about her fam, etc. Well of yesterdays boxes (CWI dated 7 AUG 07), the first box yielded 1 40%. The other box had been taped shut on the end...she said the deliverer had dropped the boxes and she put the rolls back in. Now I'm not sure how many fell out, but I start rolling through the second box and get to a roll that has 2 90%s...a 64 and a BF. Those were the only two in there in the same roll. So I sit here and wonder...has that ever happened to anyone else? 2 90s in the same roll and the rest of the box a skunkaroo. I also ponder...what's in the other boxes??

Now here's the dilemma, the main vault teller is heading out of town today and I know the older gentleman has not picked up those boxes. The vault teller specifically told me I couldn't have his boxes...but I'm wondering what's in them. I mean if I got 2 90s in a roll...and that's it, I'd be betting that he's gonna get a good box. I know it's bad karma and I don't want any trouble with this bank, but it'd be great to swoop in this afternoon and pick em up before this other guy gets there.

Thoughts, concerns? I know we've all had boxes stolen before, and the feeling isn't great, but there's that feeling. Maybe I can buy them and take em back rerolled, setting a skunk trap up? I'm really being mean now I better just go. I don't expect any stellar comments from this, just idea gathering!

Proverbs 3:29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Proverbs 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
Psalm 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
 
Re: what to do...

I had one box before where a single roll had 5 40%ers and nothing else in the box.

There's no guarantee that the rolls are boxed in the order they come out, just probabilities.

If the bank is good to you, don't make waves.

Poaching someone else's boxes at your own pickup bank will create two waves.

1. You broke the vault teller's trust.
2. The "other" CRH'er will raise quite the storm.
 
Re: what to do...

Yeah Dandow I have pulled a couple of 90%s outta a roll then nothing done the same thing with 40%s 3 or 4 in one roll then nada.. I wouldnt bother that other dude's boxes that would upset the vault teller and you have good relationship so I wouldnt blow that , Ed
 
Re: what to do...

If the vault teller specifically told you that you could not get them stay far far away.Now on the other hand if someone else picked them up like a neighbor or girlfriend that the tellers wouldnt know thats not your fault...... hh jon
 
Re: what to do...

do unto them as you wish they should do unto you...

Not as they have done or will do but as you wish they should do unto you.

leave them alone.
 
Re: what to do...

I have a similiar concern.....I get along w/ the vault teller at a bank here locally....orders me 3 boxes on a weekly basis unless I let him know otherwise. When I picked up my boxes on Tuesday this week, one box had been opened and only $100 taken out of it. No one else has been by there collecting boxes (per the teller)....and as far as I know they hold them for me specifically. They keep an extra box of halves (most times I steal that one too!!) I don't want to be a prude and say keep hands off my boxes, and I don't know the situation- maybe some old man wanted $100 in halves- who knows. I only had 4-5 silvers total in the box (alittle less than their average on silvers)....my concern is suddenly I had someone look through my box and pick up the ones with silvers on the rim. For some reason my boxes always have silvers on the outter edge.

To be a prude or not be a prude??? I want what is mine so to speak.....i've worked the relationship to get these boxes every week, to have someone tamper with it???

:-\
 
Re: what to do...

Proverbs 3:29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Proverbs 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
Psalm 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Oh, I must of missed the memo where this was a religious forum? Take that crap to church and leave it out of coin roll hunting please.


To the OP: Me myself I wouldn't take his boxes, you would only jeopardize your relationship with the bank. Also setting up another person for a skunk is a completely evil thing to do.
 
Re: what to do...

Do unto others as you would want them do to you that's from the Bible to. You are previously biased against the Bible the question is if those quotes are applicable or not. Would you be so mad if it was a quote from Ben Franklin or Honest Abe. Of course not.
 
Re: what to do...

the way i see it
its your bank
u where there first
this is a business LOL i use that word loosely but it is
if your where selling crack, and this was your corner he was selling on u'd shoot him
i say grab them
if he doesnt come in when they get in then he must not be that worried about them

i had a simliar problem with my great pickup bank
some dude tried coming in and ordering boxes, my good teller told him where to sit on it and its not in my bank lol
 
Re: what to do...

obediah said:
dandow20 said:
So yesterday I go to my good pickup bank and pick up CWI boxes. There has been another gentleman who has began ordering boxes from the same bank...probably started nearly a month ago. He has bumped up his ordering to 1k.

Now, at this bank I have a stellar relationship with the vault teller...I'll go in and shoot the Shia with her, ask her about her fam, etc. Well of yesterdays boxes (CWI dated 7 AUG 07), the first box yielded 1 40%. The other box had been taped shut on the end...she said the deliverer had dropped the boxes and she put the rolls back in. Now I'm not sure how many fell out, but I start rolling through the second box and get to a roll that has 2 90%s...a 64 and a BF. Those were the only two in there in the same roll. So I sit here and wonder...has that ever happened to anyone else? 2 90s in the same roll and the rest of the box a skunkaroo. I also ponder...what's in the other boxes??

Now here's the dilemma, the main vault teller is heading out of town today and I know the older gentleman has not picked up those boxes. The vault teller specifically told me I couldn't have his boxes...but I'm wondering what's in them. I mean if I got 2 90s in a roll...and that's it, I'd be betting that he's gonna get a good box. I know it's bad karma and I don't want any trouble with this bank, but it'd be great to swoop in this afternoon and pick em up before this other guy gets there.

Thoughts, concerns? I know we've all had boxes stolen before, and the feeling isn't great, but there's that feeling. Maybe I can buy them and take em back rerolled, setting a skunk trap up? I'm really being mean now I better just go. I don't expect any stellar comments from this, just idea gathering!

Proverbs 3:29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Proverbs 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
Psalm 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

thanks john paul the second
 
Re: what to do...

Seagates said:
Proverbs 3:29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Proverbs 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
Psalm 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Oh, I must of missed the memo where this was a religious forum? Take that crap to church and leave it out of coin roll hunting please.


To the OP: Me myself I wouldn't take his boxes, you would only jeopardize your relationship with the bank. Also setting up another person for a skunk is a completely evil thing to do.

agreed

i have no problem with religion but go preach in church
 
Re: what to do...

First, I would try everything to maintain a good relationship with the vault teller. Second, I will try to get to know this old guy and befriend with him and form good strategy and work towards the same direction. Together two people can plow faster and deeper into the fed's vault to reach some old bags. After knowing him, tell him to keep mouth shut so hopefully not a third person to join the hunt for a while. It is ok for two people working together but not ok for twenty people fighting for the limited silver. This hobby is not like fishing because fish lay eggs and new fish keep coming. Silver coins never lay baby coins.

This dooms to happen because of this website and because some idiotic members like to flaunt about a few pieces of silver to everyone he knows.
 
Re: what to do...

I personally don't think it would be a bad karma thing to take the boxes, HOWEVER, it would be stupid to do because it would anger your vault teller if she finds out (which she would because the other CRHer would raise hell, like I would). So Don't Do It if you value your relationship at that bank.

For the Karma argument: Like Ugotit says, this is a business in a way. It would be like "stealing" a customer from a competing business. If this was a bank you rarely went to I would say try and poach. These boxes may be reserved for someone, but they are not his until he pays for them. In other words, if you take them he can always get boxes from somebody else and he is not out anything. If they turned out to be skunks you could be doing him a favor.

I have had a roll in a box that had 5 or 6 BU Franklins and the rest of the box was skunk from what I remember, this was a while ago when there was still some silver to find.


Jim
 
Re: what to do...

Johny Hawx said:
Do unto others as you would want them do to you that's from the Bible to. You are previously biased against the Bible the question is if those quotes are applicable or not. Would you be so mad if it was a quote from Ben Franklin or Honest Abe. Of course not.

I'm not mad I just don't think this is the place for quotes from the bible. If I wanted to read the bible, I'd read it!
I'll have to go buy a copy of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and start writing random quotes down from it.
 
Re: what to do...

being a good man means doing what you know is the right thing even when no one but you and god will know differant .

you know what your asking to do is wrong --- thus you know the answer is no -- listen to yiour inner voice . its there for a reason .

do not tick off the vault woman -- not a good thing to do -- bad ideal --- do not snag his boxes -- bad karma if you do (plus he might start snagging yours in return ) as it is you get yours and he gets his and the vault lady is happy --let sleeping dogs be.
 
Re: what to do...

May the devil have mercy on your soul.
I'm sure there are millions of religious nut jobs on other websites that you would enjoy. If you want to discuss how much god has mercy on you yadda, yadda. Go to google and type in your flavor of religion forums because I don't want/care to hear it.
 
Re: what to do...

Seagates said:
May the devil have mercy on your soul.
I'm sure there are millions of religious nut jobs on other websites that you would enjoy. If you want to discuss how much god has mercy on you yadda, yadda. Go to google and type in your flavor of religion forums because I don't want/care to hear it.

This is not the place to talk about the Devil either."This is a CRH'g Forum"

By the way, the last time I checked most if not all our coins say "IN GOD WE TRUST"..... HMMMMMMM. Maybe you did not notice?

Mojo
 
Re: what to do...

coinmojo said:
This is not the place to talk about the Devil either."This is a CRH'g Forum"

By the way, the last time I checked most if not all our coins say "IN GOD WE TRUST"..... HMMMMMMM. Maybe you did not notice?

Mojo

Mine was an obvious satirical comment.

I noticed. Last time I checked, I can't control what is pressed onto coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom