What to do with found coins?

"all these" lol

I filled my swimming pool with them and I swim through them Scrooge Mcduck style.

Don't put the cart before the horse, its not as easy as you think.

Never said anything about it being easy. I was literally asking what does everyone do with their coins after they acquire them? No need to nit-pick the wording...

I keep everything I find. Also welcome to T-net.

mjr,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
As you admit, your a newbie here and to CRH.
I suggest you take Joe777Cool's comment with the' LOL' designation for what it represents, a little humor based on the difficulties we know associated with the 'sport'-- versus 'nit-picking'.
Don........

What would you all say is the main reason for holding onto the coins: in hopes for increasing value? for collecting?

I like to play "cool Uncle" and pass out random coins to the young ones.

Haha BigWaveDave! I used to have a relative who would do the same thing. Trip down memory lane...

What would you all say is the main reason for holding onto the coins: in hopes for increasing value? for collecting?

What will you do when the fiat currency is on par with toilet paper?Coming soon to a theater near you.

half dollars come hard here, mostly find clad, clean it and bring to the bank! love making money from this hobby!

mjr,
When I first started in the hobby, my objective was, as a collector, to fill the 'Blue Books'. Today, my kids have no interest in such a 'dull thing'--so I'll wait till silver gets back again to near 50 then unload; perhaps buying two rare coins as a memory of this fascinating hobby; and to pass on to my two kids.
Don.....

I see how high I can stack all my morgan silver dollars without the stack falling down. I am currently up to a stack of over 9000

half dollars come hard here, mostly find clad, clean it and bring to the bank! love making money from this hobby!

l2hunt -

1) What is your process for cleaning them?
2) Why would the bank buy it back for more than face value?

P.S. - I apologize for posting this in the incorrect folder. I would move it if I had the ability...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back