What's new

What to do with silverware

irvine

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sydney, NSW
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I've been looking in a few Of the charity shops near me and spied some pieces of silverware, what do most people do with the pieces they find, try and sell or even melt it all down???

Thanks,

Neil.
 
Are you positive it is silver and not plate? Plate isn't worth anything. Silver is marked Sterling, .925, .900 , or .800. Unless a valuable piece (some sell on fee bay) it is good for melt only.

If it isn't marked it is plate.
 
Cheers for the reply,

I've found a few good things in a particular st Vincent de Paul second hand shop, the odd sterling silver napkin rings, knife and forks etc.

Just wondering what do I do if I did start buying them all...

Cheers,
Neil.
 
Cheers for the reply,

I've found a few good things in a particular st Vincent de Paul second hand shop, the odd sterling silver napkin rings, knife and forks etc.

Just wondering what do I do if I did start buying them all...

Cheers,
Neil.

You want us to tell you what to do with your personal possessions? I don't fully understand what you are asking.
 
If you find a quality antique ss piece you can sell it to one of the outfits that offers pieces to replace lost items from your set.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom