What's new

What to do?

SWonder

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
I am trying to locate a metal survey pin buried 4-6 inches under asphalt. The roadway was originally dirt. It now has 30+ years of chip and seal on top of that. Any Suggestions?
 
Possibly an old survey map could be found in the county archives.
 
I have the survey from when I bought the land and saw the pin at that time. I now need to locate the pin to make sure that all new surveys are from that pin location.
 
If I have one corner ; I have four.
Anyone want to contest my surveys (I have iron planted when I'm paying) they can take it to court. i know where my corners are! As indicated on survey.

Road monument gets covered I be dogging whoever covered it to indicate where it is at.
I have right of way indicated too at the homestead. Giving me a point to measure toward the road from.
 
I am trying to locate a metal survey pin buried 4-6 inches under asphalt...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! It might help if you specified the state (and county) you are dealing with...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to GENERAL DISCUSSION for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
 
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! It might help if you specified the state (and county) you are dealing with...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to GENERAL DISCUSSION for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
I live in Boone County, Kentucky. I am trying to find out the best method to locate a "known" buried survey marker (metal pin) without having to dig up the road.
 
You need to find/rent a Magnetic Locator; a magnetic locator is a specialized type of metal detector that measures magnetic fields. They ignore all metals except for magnetic ones. Try your local Miss Dig, they may be able to help..
 
I live in Boone County, Kentucky. I am trying to find out the best method to locate a "known" buried survey marker (metal pin) without having to dig up the road.
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your request on FORUM: KENTUCKY for more exposure...Who knows - someone may have needed the same information and know who to ask in the Kentucky Government...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom