tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly an old survey map could be found in the county archives.

OP
OP
S

SWonder

Jan 15, 2024
USA
I have the survey from when I bought the land and saw the pin at that time. I now need to locate the pin to make sure that all new surveys are from that pin location.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If I have one corner ; I have four.
Anyone want to contest my surveys (I have iron planted when I'm paying) they can take it to court. i know where my corners are! As indicated on survey.

Road monument gets covered I be dogging whoever covered it to indicate where it is at.
I have right of way indicated too at the homestead. Giving me a point to measure toward the road from.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to locate a metal survey pin buried 4-6 inches under asphalt...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! It might help if you specified the state (and county) you are dealing with...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to GENERAL DISCUSSION for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

OP
OP
S

SWonder

Jan 15, 2024
USA
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! It might help if you specified the state (and county) you are dealing with...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to GENERAL DISCUSSION for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
I live in Boone County, Kentucky. I am trying to find out the best method to locate a "known" buried survey marker (metal pin) without having to dig up the road.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to find/rent a Magnetic Locator; a magnetic locator is a specialized type of metal detector that measures magnetic fields. They ignore all metals except for magnetic ones. Try your local Miss Dig, they may be able to help..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Boone County, Kentucky. I am trying to find out the best method to locate a "known" buried survey marker (metal pin) without having to dig up the road.
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your request on FORUM: KENTUCKY for more exposure...Who knows - someone may have needed the same information and know who to ask in the Kentucky Government...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread