What's new

What to get? New detector? Or better coil? Always dig trash.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hello Everyone,

Currently I swing the Minelab SE whenever I can go out and dig. In really trashy sites, I always seem to get trash and my buddy (JuJu) always seems to get coins. Not only does he have more experience on me, but he has a Whites and it is not as expensive as mine was. As many of you know, I did not get the Minelab SE because of the price, but because of what many people have said about it. Right now I swing the really big coil instead of the standard coil that came with my minelab SE Pro. Instead of investing in a new detector, should I switch back to the standard coil for my detector or should I buy a smaller coil?

Odd thing is, I seem to do really well at none old trashy sites getting wheaties, buffs, and indians. Silver's seem to elude me though. I would really like to get more finds. What do you think the best option is for me? Switch to standard coil, get a smaller coil, or get a whole new detector all-together?

What settings do you guy's who own Minelab SE's hunt with? I would really like to know, distinguishing between trash signals and good signals are hard at the sites we hunt at.

Heres my settings:

Sensitivity: 18-22
Iron Mask: I think its 26 or 27.

I know I am only masking out nails. I dig everything else.
 
Detectingfreak, Honestly speaking, I think you'll get better replies in the General Discussion, or Brands forums than you will here. :thumbsup:

Then again, I could be wrong.... Nah, never happen :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom