What's new

What to wear? Pain of wet bathing suit killing me.

MBbeachrat

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I will be (hopefully) hunting the beach full time after Irene goes by. The sides of my legs are so painful from walking in a wet bathing suit it is really slowing me up. Any suggestions on what to wear that can get wet and you can still walk without wearing your skin away? :(
 
Upvote 0
Ocean State Job Lot has 3mm shortie wetsuits for 20.00,can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Ok MB....this is the stuff that I use.....it is heavy duty protection and you will never chafe again.....just apply it liberally to the spots that get irratated before you go to the beach....you'll be amazed how well it works! I buy mine at the local CVS pharmacy I imagine that most other major chains will have it too.....





http://www.bagbalm.com/
 

Attachments

  • bag balm.webp
    bag balm.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 466
Nice tip SD, I've used Vasoline and seems to stop all also, trimmed my interliner alittle also. One other issue I had was the sand getting into my favorite hardsole surf shoes...so I use zipties to keep the sand out...
 
simple solution, buy the lightest weight 100% nylon swimming trunks you can find, end of problem. I find them at Wal*Mart and Bealls. The heavy weight designer suits will kill you. I buy the ones with web lining on the inside. They are so light they are almost dry from the water to the parking lot. If they are still wet when you get to the parking lot, the trunks are to heavy and will chafe.
 
Ditto to what Can Slaw suggested. I learned that the hard way. I bought a heavy suit that had some cotton in the weave and it chaffed like crazy. Lightweight nylon is the only way to go. I also keep a tube of Vaseline in the car just in case. It soothes the raw skin.
 
nekkid, plain ol nekkid is the way to go, cept for a pair of dive booties. People will actually get out of your way instead of asking questions and no one, not a one, will toss pennies in front of you.
 
nekkid, plain ol nekkid is the way to go, cept for a pair of dive booties. People will actually get out of your way instead of asking questions and no one, not a one, will toss pennies in front of you.
Too funny :tongue3: :tongue3: Doubtful anyone would throw the pennies out in front of you. (full moon)
Much sand moving down at MB?
 
I feel your pain lol. It doesnt happen to me on the beach. It can be a big problem at work if I sweat a lot. You need air circulation. I dont like wearing tight jeans anymore for that reason.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom