CoilFisher
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2011
- Messages
- 977
- Reaction score
- 299
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
(Cuz you never know what is going to really turn up next).
Got out today for some hunting. Did not really get a chance much this week as it was very dry still.
Hopefully, now the weather will cooperate with some deep-plugging.
Anyway, the soil was moist and I could get a plug in most areas that were not hillside.
A lot of clad.
And, what I think is an old lighter? Man, I cannot remember them looking like this.
I do recall the old Zippo's, but not these.
Anyway, I snagged this chain about 4" down.
It hit in a lower conductor range which was odd to me, but it is a 15" length and .925 Italy stamped.
Could not find much else in the hole as I looked for a pendant to go with it.

Cannot figure that out, however it was good to see a precious metal instead of nickel-copper amalgamations.
It was a semi-older area--but not a silver coin to be had. I was getting some deep penny signals, just not enough time to dig them out.
Hopefully, can get to some much older places soon. Been trying like heck to get permissions---so
hard to get them lately!
Got out today for some hunting. Did not really get a chance much this week as it was very dry still.
Hopefully, now the weather will cooperate with some deep-plugging.
Anyway, the soil was moist and I could get a plug in most areas that were not hillside.
A lot of clad.
And, what I think is an old lighter? Man, I cannot remember them looking like this.
I do recall the old Zippo's, but not these.
Anyway, I snagged this chain about 4" down.
It hit in a lower conductor range which was odd to me, but it is a 15" length and .925 Italy stamped.
Could not find much else in the hole as I looked for a pendant to go with it.

Cannot figure that out, however it was good to see a precious metal instead of nickel-copper amalgamations.
It was a semi-older area--but not a silver coin to be had. I was getting some deep penny signals, just not enough time to dig them out.
Hopefully, can get to some much older places soon. Been trying like heck to get permissions---so
hard to get them lately!
Last edited:
Upvote
8








