What was lost is now returned.

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
Well my first gold find is now returned to the owner. After 6 tries to find gold i finally did. However the class ring was so uncommon that it was relatively easy to find the owner. It seems he lives close and his father works almost next door to my office building. The ring was found about 10 miles away on the grass of one of the many local beaches here around Seattle.

So i must say i'm sorry to see the gold go away from my stash, BUT I'M VERY HAPPY TO RETURN IT TO IT'S OWNER.

I'm a wholesale diamond dealer and jeweler so i try every day to be a honest as possible. So now everyone's happy

Attachments

• find1.JPG
    find1.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 636
  • find1.JPG
    find1.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 627
  • find1.JPG
    find1.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 636
  • find1.JPG
    find1.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 634

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Well done! Every ring returned earns us new friends... and sometimes new converts to the hobby, too!

OP
OP
The Gemologist

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
I must say it was a nice warm a fuzzy feeling.

I realized that many people have done nice things for me also and that was nice also.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you did gives the hobby a great reputation, a big plus for all of us! I would have more joy giving a ring back, especially a class ring than keeping it or selling it for scrap gold which isn't as valuable as one thinks it is. HH and good job, Mike

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
You did the right thing and will be repaid in some way. From one who lost his class ring and has not yet got it back (40+ years) Thanks, you did the hobby a good turn also. Stan...

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.... did he tell you how long it was missing? i love to hears stories about how things have been missing for a long time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread