What's new

What Was This Plyer Used For? (Solved!!)

Swingit

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
671
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
I Found This Plyers In A Very Old Barn.
Any Ideas On What This Was Used For
And How Old It May Be?
HH!! Swingit
 

Attachments

  • Coins 020.webp
    Coins 020.webp
    118.2 KB · Views: 512
  • Coins 018.webp
    Coins 018.webp
    117.5 KB · Views: 485
  • Coins 019.webp
    Coins 019.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 483
Re: What Was This Plyer Used For?

just-geese said:
First guess would be that it was forging pliers to hold metal in the fire by it being that long
Don

Agreed, forging pliers of some sort. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Was This Plyer Used For?

I Also Though It Could A Crucible Plyers
But It Still Has Paint On The Jaws Where
The Hot Metal Would Have Melted It Off :icon_scratch:
Swingit
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Picture%20006.webp
    Picture%20006.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 483
  • Picture%20008.webp
    Picture%20008.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: What Was This Plyer Used For?

Swingit said:
GpSnoopy said:
Hog Tongs. Used to hold a hog still while putting in a hog ring. I found this old article. It's near the middle of the page with a small picture.

http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/CCC_1967 (E)/issues/10-26-1967_9.pdf
Thank You I Will Mark It Solved
If you feel that this is solved, you may

go back to your first post and
click on Modify

go to Message icon and
click on down arrow

scroll down and
click on Solved.

and the green arrow will appear. solved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • solved check.gif
    solved check.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 647
Upvote 0
Thanks for the :help: I forgot how :icon_scratch:
bigcypresshunter said:
Swingit said:
GpSnoopy said:
Hog Tongs. Used to hold a hog still while putting in a hog ring. I found this old article. It's near the middle of the page with a small picture.

http://newspapers.rawson.lib.mi.us/chronicle/CCC_1967 (E)/issues/10-26-1967_9.pdf
Thank You I Will Mark It Solved
If you feel that this is solved, you may

go back to your first post and
click on Modify

go to Message icon and
click on down arrow

scroll down and
click on Solved.

and the green arrow will appear.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom